Sunday, October 02, 2005

Corpse Bride

I went to watch this movie on Sunday after lunch. I guess Ming Zhu, Rachel and Lee wanted deadly to watch “Tong Meng Qi Yuan” (A show by Andy Lau, titled "Wait Till You're Older ") or “The Myth” (this one I watched before), so, that time they all were determined to watch “Tong Meng Qi Yuan”. Something about movie (especially Hong Kong movie), unless it got a lot of affirmation, or I personally like it, I hardly take the risk to watch it. So thankfully because of timing matter, we ended up with “Corpse Bride”. I am more comfortable with this one, for I know I will have a good laugh, at least. =)

Anyway, even though we might watch “Tong Meng Qi Yuan”, I will still be willing, for I see it a time of fellowship for some shared experience with Ming Zhu, seldom got chance to go out with her. Lee also a very thoughful sister. Well, they are all very good companion.

I like this movie, a comedy, short and sweet. Maybe I just list down why I like this movie:

1. I think the “grave misunderstanding” can really happen in a relationship. Some people just ended with someone that they don’t expect from the beginning. It reminds me of some of the relationship that I know of. I personally have no such experience. For me, I have only “almost there”... ha ha… So, in the middle of watching, I wanna to see how the bridegroom mends this “grave mistake”. It is very entertaining.

2. The message behind the color theme of the two worlds: grayish for living world, colorful for dead world. The living people live a mechanical lifestyle; while the dead men live a happy life. I wonder how many of us in this life live exactly like those in the show. Anyway, I thought it deeper, what make a vivacious life? It is not what it appear outside, it is what is within the person. Sense of purpose and direction make life full of animation and spirit. A person may be going thru the same routine daily, is this life unexciting? No, who knows what is within the heart?

[I recall one advertisement by Asian Civilisations Museum. ACM advertised on the recent exhibition “ Journey of Faith - Art and History from the Vatican Collections”. It says that TV program kills most people quality family time, as most family spends their “family time” watching TV. It is very true to me. To me, I don’t like those TV drama series, thousands of people doing nothing at home just to chase those drama days by days.However it is easier said than done. I myself find myself also fall into such trap when I am back at home. Perhaps it is already a cultural thing that family (Malaysia and Singapore family only?) does not sit around dining table for dinner, instead, they will get all the portion of dishes ready in their plate and eat it while watching TV. This is my family dinner hour. Perhaps one day my family life will be livelier…

To go into this, I guess my parents also have nothing better to do during evening hour. I am not with them; I can’t give them any alternative to spend family time. Thousands of thoughts flood my mind now whenever I think of my family. I wish I could be with them, but the reality of life and cruelty of financial burden pinned me down in Singapore.This afternoon I make a call to my mom to confirm my schedule back to home during the coming Deepavali public holiday. I wish I’m able to spend more days with them for that particular weekend. My dad and sister will be on China trip that week; I guess my mom will be very lonely at home. I wish… and I wish again I may spend quality time with mom and brother during the short few days…

God, when is you’re Your salvation will come upon my family? When they will able to acknowledge you as a faithful God? And when will they taste of the living water that comes from You where they will never be thirsty again?]

3. The third thing I like about this movie is the message the director bring out. It is not something new – talent within oneself is much more precious than fine look. To be exact, it is the character of a person that able to keep friend/partner for long. I am person easily impressed by many talents one person have, but, what make me stick with him/her is his/her character.

4. I like one of the songs that the Corpse Bride’s close friend sang to her. One particular sentence goes something like this, “the only thing she (the living bride) is stronger than you (the corpse bride) is she is not dead and the heart is beating”. Ha ha. Truly, if I were the bridegroom, I will take the corpse bride, as the corpse bride proves herself to be more appealing and charismatic than the living bride. Well, if this is the real life, I think I will not give a second thought to a corpse… Imagine the exposed bone, the worms within the skull… everything is beautiful in animation, for it ignore about the sense of smell. I not sure how a corpse smells like…

There are more to this movie. Got a good laugh with the people in the hall.

I also shocked Rachel with my scream. Ha ha. Though it is only a cartoon, my heart still very weak against any “surprise”. pai seh... pai seh... I cannot take ghostly thing...

5 Comments:

Blogger ss said...

Always see its preview on television, but haven't got a chance to watch it. It must be a nice movie to watch ......

few more weeks to Deepavali holidays, you will have your quality time with ur mom then.....

couldn't agree with you anymore, everyone is surviving in a burdensome life nowadays. for me, I am still trying to make my life spirited.

4/10/05 10:29 am  
Blogger The Rational Neurotic said...

actually we all screamed when you screamed.. haha ie we screamed because you screamed... after finish screaming, was thinking, erm, what are we screaming about ahaha

enjoyed the time with the girls and you, bro! =) next time again, k?

5/10/05 12:10 am  
Blogger Neoh said...

ha ha.. jia lat.. next time i shall not scream out when go movie w gals... not good for my reputation... :)

5/10/05 9:27 am  
Blogger Rachel Tham said...

hey that's really good insight on the movie you know, a improvement from the former Tim Burton's cartoons for those who remember "T'was the night before Christmas" some time back..felt that this time round the story line really urges us the living person to rethink our lives even though we are living it through everyday..encourage all those reading this to go WATCH IT! wahah..
Felt that there was this subtlety lah, remember how easily the guy fell in love the moment he saw the "living" girl Victoria for the first time and when he finds himself "bo pian" stuck in the "other place" he changes his heart so quickly? heee..:) that's how volatile human relationships can be bah..:)

6/10/05 4:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i guess ... juz live life to the fullest & of coz .. don give up .. keep prayin, and always remem them in prayer .. He in His own time will save them for His Name's sake ..

don worry about the future, there's enough worry for today

=)

10/11/05 9:20 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home