Monday, December 05, 2005

BLM dinner

So, here I am back from my supper. Thinking and pondering…

What is BLM Dinner? It is Business Life Ministry Dinner. And it is the first one for Hope Church. Businessmen (and woman I suppose) from Thai and Malaysia also came for this for night of sharing and interaction.

After so long time, I can only vaguely remember a few important things to me… I remember that I was a bit reluctant to go for that, as I am not running my own business, not sure if I should be going for that.

Though that was once I was given few of my colleagues the impression that I run own business in office, and thanks to Sharon for this piece of info. (Note: Sharon is my colleague who sat next to my cubicle, but different company. There are two company in my office, I think I have not mentioned this to you all, or I already told some of you??). I thought to myself that will be very great if I own a business of mine as it is my dream, and I took the opportunity to clear some misunderstanding with her since she brought up this ‘suspicion in office’. I guess now that my boss is back, no one should have doubt about my job in this company ba…

So, just a few days before the dinner, Sandy MSNed me, asked me if I am going. A short chat with her, and I decided I shall go. To dine together with President of Hope Church (To be exact, it is not same table, but same dining room. Ha ha…) and to listen to his sharing about business in view of God’s church was so much a blessing/privilege to miss. So, I shall not shortchange myself with this.

Indeed, that night was a good time. The dinner was very good. Prawn was served. The best part is that these prawns were steam-cooked. Fresh prawn taste best in this cooking style. And only fresh prawn can cook in this manner. And I just love prawn. Mm… I am repeated the same words… Ok. I just want to say the prawns were very good, and the dinner was really a sumptuous one, as Wan Leng mentioned in email.

When I reached there, was surprised that I wasn’t arranged to sit together with Sandy, i tot same CG people will be sitting together. A moment later, I laugh at myself, I wasn't there for 'just another gathering', I should embrance a total different view. I got to sit with some experienced and seasoned business brother (or, should I call them ‘uncle in Christ’.. ha ha.. -.- ). So, over the table, I chat with one Thai couple, young couple (newly wed not more than 2 yrs or 1 yrs), started their business not very long ago, but doing well. Understand from their experiences. Then, to another 2 ‘uncle’, they were already doing business for donkey years. Recently just started another joint-venture doing some trading. They shared about their experience during the economics crisis. And they said it is a miracle that they survive that mave of impact, and it was a God guided wisdom that pulls them thru it. I like one thing they say, ‘God give money to businessman as treasurer, and businessman in turn take good care of minister need.’ I can see that they really enjoy giving church support financially. Well. That is purpose why God bless their business, I thought. (Mm... haven contact them... they may have some material that suitable for my company engineering application... shall give them a call within this week…)

The highlight of the night shall the testimonies share by Thai delegates and Pastor PN’s sharing on business for Kingdom.

It is really amazing that when one trust in God, what can be the outcome of that trust?? It is beyond your imagination. Two testimonies testified that…

Willing to obey God. Seek God. Kingdom minded. Humble. Trusting… These are the thing I learned from the two brothers who share their story. And these are the very thing that required of from a businessman who wants to serve God in this area. Oh ya. One more thing. I recognized also ‘faithful in your current position’ also one of the key.

Pastor PN sharing really give me a lot more passion in my pursue/dream to be a businessman. You know what he introduced? It is this term, ‘Apostolic Businessmen’. WOW. Powerful ministry. To me it is like, upon hearing this title ‘Apostolic Businessmen’, I was stunned. Imagined with me, all the well-to-do, and also the not-well-to-do (businessmen still... right?) businessmen pour in all their financial support to church… powerful. If the Microsoft can go deeply into every PC user pocket/wallet, this business ministry shall aid in expanding the influence of church evenmore than what Microsoft can do!

I am not sure if one day I can be an ‘apostolic businessman’. I only recognized that I shall be faithful in my walk with Him first. The passion and dream of doing business shall come to pass.

Why I like to become a businessman? First, I think I need a lot more financial ability to help myself and my family. Second, I can do more positive impact to society. Thirdly, maybe I just want to do something big in life. :) well. When is Kingdom in picture? Well. Not surprising. The were the reason why I consider this in my secondary school day. Now, you just need to put God in the centre of the picture. I guess. I pray I will stand firm in my word…

I am so deeply convinced that Christian shall play a big role in financial and political landscape (though some Christian may not be agreeable on this), not trying to save the world (the world is beyond human’s help), but maximize the abilities and influences a politician and business have over the personal social circle, and even to nation, change the atmosphere of the nation, make full impact, let the world see the living God behind all these men/women. Let all ‘gentiles’ acknowledge Him and worship Him as Lord.

From fisherman, to policemen, to politician, now it is businessman. I wonder how it can become true. I thought of many possible ways. But only ‘think-ponder-wondering’ stage… no real plan. Only some rough idea. No capital. The only resource, perhaps, I hope it is the networking skills and contacts. So, I shall chart my move more carefully. And let it happen if it is God’s will….

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

whatever that is in your heart desires and whatever that you need.. Even that which is beyond your imagination or mine for that matter, with faith and whole-heartedness in our desire to love GOD, I believe, somehow, HE would and can make things possible! :)

Lets all encourage one another and and move corporately with GOD's individual calling in our lives :)

11/12/05 3:38 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home