Monday, October 24, 2005

When I grow OLD

Intro: A lovely sister translated the chinese article into english. Just like to post this to remember the effort she put i, and share this with all the sons and daughters.

When I grow old

When I grow old, no longer the one I used to be, please understand me, I ask for your patience.

When I spill over the vegetable soup on my shirt,
When I forgot how to tie my shoe laces,
please remember how I used to help u, holding your small hands to drink of the soup, to tie your shoe laces.

When I keep repeating the words which u never wants to hear again, please let me finish what I want to say;
Remember when u are younger, I had to repeat those bedtime stories over and over again, until I see you slipping into your sweet dreams.

When I need you to bathe me, please do not groan;
Do you remember the scenes when I had to keep trying to coax you to bathe when u are younger?

When I stumbled over the gadgets of the new technology, please do not laugh at me;
Remember how I was patient with you in answering you every "whys" questions?

When my feeble limbs are too weak to move, please stretch out your strong and sturdy arms to give me that support.
Just like how I supported you when you are attempting your first steps.

When I missed the focus of our conversation, please give me more time to recall;
To me, it’s not about the topics we are conversing,
What matters to me is that as long as you are beside me to listen to me.

As you watch me aging, please do not be sad;
Understand me, support me,
Just like how you learned from me about living a life.

As I had guided you how to begin your life, please be with me to finish my last journey of life;
Bless me with your love and patience, I will smile with much gratitude, this smile hides my unconditional love for you.


Personal Note:

When I read it again this time, I can feel the love my parents have for me. The love of my mom and dad have for me is powerful. For this I am grateful to You, my Heavenly Father.

Father, forgive me that I have not been patient with my parents and my siblings on various circumstances, help me to have more of Your love, and make it overflowing that my family will know this love is not from me but from the Almighty One. Father, you konw exactly what my family going through, I ask that you bless my parents with strenght and peace within their heart, help my parent to support one another better; I ask that You take away that reckless spirit within my brother, You know he need more and more love, help my parent and myself to relate with him better; I ask also You bless my sister, make her grow more in understanding, and be a good support to my mom and dad, protect my sister too. I ask that Your favor be upon my family, shield them with Your protection. I pray for myself, grant me patience and wisdom, and help me to love better. In Jesus, the most precious name I pray.

1 Comments:

Blogger choocrainbow said...

Bro.tkful. :) tho i may not know exactly what happen, i will keep u and family in prayers. God will make all things beautiful in His time, be patient, trust in Him, watch and see How God is going to deliver out of this situation! Amen!

27/10/05 2:20 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home