Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Be With You (Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu) 《现在,很想见你》

Just like to make a post on this movie… This is the 3rd Japanese movie that moved me so much in a year time… 1st, “Nobody Knows”, 2nd “Crying out Love in the Center of The World”…

What so captivating about these movies? Or I phrase it the other way, what is inside these movies that I am so drawn to? First thing come to mind, LOVE. Well, I myself think that love overcame everything. I think I wasn’t so convinced in my old days, I thought love is no doubt a great thing, if not, how could it be sang for centuries, but, the reality of life always shatters dream and break the heart of those who are hopeful. So, love is only wonderful when life is bed of roses. Well, even so, I always think nothing in the world can compare to true love. We read it and we see it from movie, and drama, true love always beat every odds in life. But, reality of life still cruel and it scoffs at those who believe in love…

That was this song “真爱无敌” by Taiwanese singer 许茹芸, I thought it was just another nice and lovely mushily song by another pop star. But, one day I listen to it again, I was so convicted that LOVE IS REALLY INVINCIBLE for I myself experience such powerful love. For the love of Christ testifies this truth, His blood shouts to me that He is ever faithful and His love is ever lasting.

Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?

Romans 8:37-39 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

(I think I will paraphrase these verses and make it my wedding vow to my wife... eh... pardon me, my mind goes a bit too fast... Ha ha...)

Because I learn of this love, I got the courage to believe in an everlasting relationship, one that builds upon love and commitment. I am glad I believe in this kind of romance. For I survey thru my friends, most think it is only a dream to think about, ultimately love have to give in to reality. How sad… love is being reduced to only a last thing to expect, and if you found it, you count yourself lucky. I thought I must be fortunate enough to be convinced that true love is still around, and committed romance is not extinct yet… Well, give it a second thought, perhaps I am too simple hearted…

And now I know why people rush into these movies… people are hunger for love and the heart crying for another soul to relate in the most intimate way. And I think how wonderful is to love and being loved by someone.

Love is so captivating that people don’t even hold back awhile and jump into one romance after another, but with no true understanding of what love is all about, most people got themselves deeply wounded time and time again. It pierced my heart when I learn of what my friend went thru regarding this area.

Just a note to my friends, don’t think I am crazy and dying to find someone now. Ha ha. I am fine, and don’t think too much… ok? :)

Another note: I find myself crippled by my poor linguistic skills when it come to express myself, either in written or verbal, thousands of thoughts run wild in my mind and emotions make my heart beats fast, but I could only share a fraction of it… How miserable!! I only regret I have not read enough and my reservoir of grammar so limited…

2 Comments:

Blogger The Rational Neurotic said...

hey bro.. your language skills are ok! I enjoy reading your posts, your language is fine =)

I think humans are not capable of using words to express themselves: it is a common pitfall. Even that few poets and bards are said to experience much intense emotions before able to share that little bit in their words.

=)

11/10/05 2:31 am  
Blogger Sandy said...

remember sharing with faith (kim) before, that it is no doubt important to be able to express oneself eloquently... however, sometimes, as oxymoronic as it may sound, its not about the perfection of the language that connects a person to another... finally, its really about the heart and life of the person... :)

bro, i commend you on your spirit of excellence to want to improve... and even more so, your spirit of sincerity and truthfulness :)

BTW, the expression of this entry is alright lor... especially the last paragraph - *wow!*

12/10/05 1:32 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home