Sunday, November 27, 2005

After my hair cut...

I decided to devote 30 mins to blog.

2 hours ago, the heart was really restless, I think I lost my patience for things, when I expect the hair cut take 10 mins, but instead it was doubled the time. Well… can see that the hair stylish was trying her best, and she even cut her finger too… I guess she is pregnant woman too…

Well, life is tough enough, and no one should add to other’s burden unnecessary… so, I decide to do my best to give her the best smile after the cut and ask if the cut is deep, as a form of encouragement. If you ever do part time waitering, I guess it is easier for you to show more grace and patience, becos you know you need this most from a customer especially you know you not doing quite up to expectation.

Got a missed call from mother, so, have a short conversation with her and dad. I guess something deeper is stirring my heart; I cannot focus in the conversation. Especially when she start to ‘gossip’ about others, and I don’t like this, I just cannot take this kind of ‘gossipy’ behavior. But what to do? This is her, and she is my mom. Can I teach her the way of godly talk? Someday, Lord, I wish someday I can speak to her about the attitude of Christ, and she will be listening… Why not now? Why not now? You are right, Lord, I can do it now, I need not wait till the day of her salvation. God’s truth and God’s way are to be taught everywhere and are to preach to every nation. If I gonna to wait till everyone is the believer in God, I need not tell them, for they will learn from God themselves…

Had a short chat with dad, after talking to mom. Dad is more of quiet personality, standard conversation.

1) Eaten your dinner? You must eat at least 3 meals a day, regardless if you are saving or not... [At this point, even if I have not eaten, I must tell a white lie, if not, the standard conversation will stretch longer. But I am glad that he always asks this, though I always say yes to it. ha ha. This question is like an ice-breaker question, and warming up session. Without this, I think I probably not able to continue the conversation.]

2) How is your work? You must be willing to learn as much as you can. Ya. I try to capitalized every learning opportunity. That’s good. No need to afraid of overwork, overwork mean you are at the advantage side, as you pick up more thing. [wow. That is like a reminder to me. people like me need to have the right old mindset like my father’s type. ]

3) Don’t be too stress and overwork in work. [This is a bit contrary to his previous point. But I guess he just want to remind me to have a balance.]

4) …

And the list goes on. And a hidden affection resides in this list…

Lord, have mercy on me and my family. Teach me to be a supportive and loving son, show my parent Yours way, and lead my family in the way of everlasting. Pour out Thy blessing richly upon this household. And make this household one that glorify Your name.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

Hahaha... I always enjoy reading your blog and hear you speak your mind... Though forthright, you are very real and candid... And that's truthful... And most importantly, you honour the WORD of GOD despite the questions you have in your mind/heart... Cool brother! :)

28/11/05 9:52 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess fathers are like that. My dad will forever be asking me if I have money to spend, and my mum will forever be nagging at my brother to give me money when I don't have.. "She'll starve one!"

Haha.. *cue roll eyes* but that's their way of showing affection la.. my poor brother then.. haha.. I guess, for you, esp when you're not even in the same country, it might be easier for your dad to speak to you that way. If you're still staying at home, he'll just say, "got soup in the kitchen."

=) absence makes the heart fonder, and it also makes our lips more willing to show concern and not hide it inside.

28/11/05 10:20 am  
Blogger Rachel Tham said...

yos, really liked the comment when you made about sharing to your parents about having more Christlike behaviour, prayerfully i "told" my mum "off" a few times also when she used to complain to me about stuff from the school...could casually hint to them that its not so nice to talk about ppl like that..also at the same time to be watchful that this does not stems from a "self righteous" identity that i realise i carry when i have been Christian for some time le...

We could give our friends and colleagues grace why not our parents? think the love that you show them will really touch their hearts! Continue to pray for them bah... u really a good son always see you talk to your mama over the phone..:)

When we honour God, He blesses our relationships even when we are physically not with them! :) AMEN!

28/11/05 12:07 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home