Sunday, November 13, 2005

Just write something here...

Thinking to write something… I know if I don’t put sometime to put an entry here, sooner or later I will not come here... Well… I must put some effort to keep the momentum. I still very much want to be known and share my thoughts and experience. Not forgetting the purpose and the reason for the initiation of this blog – it is for the “drawing near to God series”, a new start @ 9th Sep 2005.

Man… It never crosses my mind that the “revival date” of this blog is also my 5th Water Baptism Anniversary!!! It is already 5 years ++… 1 fifth of my life. I wonder what I were doing that time, I guess my must be in some kind of struggles that I forgot to celebrate my 5th water baptism date. And if I was in some struggles, why I was able to respond to GR invitation? I wonder… the heart is deceptive and its motive beyond human understanding/awareness and it does not act according to logic/norm…

Today sermon altar call by Ps. Simon Ng is also about reviving the fire and passion for the Lord. I responded. Father God, keep my spirit fervent for Your kingdom. Lord, Jesus, I am grateful for all the love and patient you have lavished upon me, may my gratitude transformed into action. I am quite tired to do “christianity”. Do a new work in my heart. This is what I prayed.

Somehow God just bring to me that He is really a God of “Nth-times-chance”, not just second chance. If God is only a God of second chance (literally), I am gone in my 7th hour after I received Jesus into my life.

Go back to Sunday service, I was on duty for security, so, I sat at the last row just for the surveillance purpose. Half way thru the sermon, while I was busying chop down some preaching point, a friend came into auditorium. Ya, a friend of mine, not a suicidal bomber. Thank God for that. He sat a few rows away from me.

I always wonder what in the heart and mind of the friend who come willingly for the Sunday service. Definitely not for some entertainment for pass time for Sunday. I thought to myself, what could hold back a person when a person heard of many testimony of God’s work. Maybe still doubtful? Maybe still not sure if there is only one truth, perhaps there are many ways to one truth, not just Jesus? Maybe still need more time to gather better evidence?

Well. Whatever it is. There I was sitting there wondering for a moment.

Romans 10:14-16 “How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

When Pastor call for people to respond to receive Lord Jesus into their live. The above Scripture flashed in my head. Well. Though I know this friend is not first time hearing the message of Jesus. But, I thought to myself, who know that will be the a million Malaysian Ringgit question that I asked, and the reply is trillion SDG “Yes, I want to invite Jesus to be my Saviour.” So, with this hope, I just went up to him, and ask him that millions RM question and hope for trillion SDG reply. Well. Jesus is right when he said that in this life we got many trouble and life is not happy go lucky. This friend gave a definite NO. “What holding you back?”… “Many thing yet to settle. Share with you more.”… “ok.”… I know God will do thing in His timing. Never has the proper setting to talk to friend over lunch table. Maybe weekday go to catch another movie. Hopefully that “Oliver Twist” is good. Will check with colleague on the movie. Then maybe go and catch this movie together.

On a personal thought, I thought if Jesus is real and reliable, I see no other better way that offer salvation and true joy that give to us FOC, as the price is charged under the name of Lamb of God. Comparatively to other belief, Jesus is the only one give best membership and best insurance, and best reward, and constant cash debate, best thing is the eternity membership, and all paid by Him. Maybe the only tough thing required from this membership is a willing heart to follow His way. That is tough, indeed.

Back at home, as I carried a big Takashimaya bag when I stepped into house, all the leaders started to “wah… wah…” (There was a leadership meeting held in my house) Expected. Well, that is one of the worst casualties ever happen in River Valley Guy House, total of 5 pairs of shoes was stolen overnight, and total est. lost is about SDG300++. In 2 months time, I lost 4 pair of shoes. 2 is mine, 2 is Kelvin’s, I had been using Kelvin’s thing quite freely, he is really good brother. (Advertising for him... ha ha...) So, I die die must get myself a pair of new office shoes, if not, I got nothing to wear on Monday.

The leadership meeting was about “committed, covenanted relationship”, or something along that line. Had a good chat with chai choo as she waiting for others to go off for dinner. Talked about ‘filling the gap’, I only hope that I able to fill in the gap when the time is come and it is needed. God make my heart ready and my spirit be willing…

Ok. I guess I need to go back to work.. Work… Work…

A funny email came into mind, just share with you all who read this.

One thing we seem to always forget, and we better always remind ourselves of this to make our life easier. What is this thing??

It is “I love my work. I love my work. I love my work.” (Repeat this as many as you need to make yourself feel that you love your work).

Haha.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep your shoes inside! =)

hopefully that friend... will come to Jesus soon, cos our hearts are all pinned on it! =)

14/11/05 10:17 am  
Blogger Sandy said...

hahahaa... your RM and SGD analogy is hilarious! Really thank GOD for your simple and genuine heart, and your willingness to step out to ask... :)

15/11/05 1:03 am  
Blogger Neoh said...

somehow the inspiration came. wanted to use RM and US one. but i tot SGD is more apt. i am RM, and he SGD. ha ha.

15/11/05 1:10 am  
Blogger choocrainbow said...

haha.at His timing.Create "gap"!if i am "blind" to it, please enlightened me the "gaps" u see, bro. :P

15/11/05 3:49 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home