Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Class after thoughts...

Some of the definition on ‘leadership’ was given during the class, just share one definition that sinks deep within me.

1. Leadership = Influence. Leader engages people in thinking, and broadened their mindset…

And some quote that caught my attention during the class,

1. Leader = Reader.

2. “Modem Christian must read with the Bible in one hand and the newspaper in the other.” (I later found that this was initially a remark by Karl Barth.)

Alan Tea, one of my most admired leaders, cannot further emphasize the important of reading and engaging our mind, make it work for the glory of God. I guess Lawrence may know a bit how the whole USM group was mobilized to embark a series of activity to get people concern on current affair and rebating on controversial matter.

And today the instructor also kept urging on the important of reading habit.

So, today lesson really gave me a big hit… the last article I read on issue/affair/topic, I guess it was months ago… can’t imagine how my mind was so ‘slack’… and the book I last read, was put on hold for weeks, and it still got more than half to go…

To be a Christian, meaning, to be a salt and light of the world. Not just a good follower, but an Influential disciple for Jesus, and rock the world with His truth!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home