Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A call at 1115pm...

1115pm. Phone rang. Caller ID Number showed +6012608XXXX. I was quite puzzled. I thought the work contacts in KL call me at such late hour. What an odd hour with an odd number display. A bit doesn’t feel like pick up the call when I associated it to work-related. Thinking maybe I just return call tomorrow morning.

Anyway still have to pick up the call. Then a familiar voice at the top of her voice pierced thru my ear. I was still a bit unsure about that. Finally, it is really Yoke Yao. Ha ha. The first few minute was all her scolding for not contact her for long long time. I am not sure how many of you know her, perhaps only the bro and sister graduate from NTU know about her. She came to our church for a period of time…

Got a good chat with her and catch up over the phone.. Goodness.. Expensive call.. 50++ mins… hais… next time must prepare an IDD card always in wallet…

Anyway, just to share about this fren as I recalled that I did promise one person to share about this unique friend.

She is the first one that really taught me what really mean to care for a friend beyond the comfort zone. As far as I remember, I was challenged by her in everyway. I thought I was loving enough, but I was told never truly concern for a friend in some ways. And my friendliness was said to be not genuine. It was quite hard to accept such idea. Thru her truthful relating and honest confrontation in way I perceive things, certain area of my perception and idea was like been examine so thoroughly. It is another kind of examination. Different from shepherd’s kind, shepherd’s kind more toward spiritual discipline, her kind is really dealing with friends. Anyway, at the end of it, I think I really grow to be a better friend to her.

Well. Don’t know how to elaborate more. Too much details to say. I believe we all bound to encounter such “difficult” (in our own definition) friend in our life, maybe you are now facing one, as long as we learn to go to the source of love, our Father in heaven, no friend and no enemy too difficult to love and care for…

I was thinking this. We are like waiter/waitress in a restaurant, and our manager is Jesus, our customer is fellow bro/sis, and friends. And when we receive complaint that our service is lousy, it really take a humble attitude to first examine ourselves first, and then, of course, Jesus will show face to attend to the complaint and help us to settle the unpleasant thing. (In a way, Jesus is the perfect example of love). Then, we just learn from Jesus how to serve (love) better, and make sure each customer step into the restaurant will leave the restaurant with 100% satisfaction. But if it is false accusation, the manager definitely understands us, for He know everyone of us more than we know ourselves.

Peter Neoh Paraphrased 2 Co 5:20, for we are all Christ’s servant in restaurant, and if we do a great service, people will come back for more of our Christ’s like service. And one day, they will be inspired by the service, they too become Christ’s servant to learn of the way of perfect love and service.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Tham said...

I do remember Yu You! the last time i heard from her is that she has become a teacher in JB after NTU..:)

Glad tat you still keep in contact with her...:)

14/2/06 2:21 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home