Sunday, February 26, 2006

Marathon

Yesterday got a good time chating and catching up with my fren, also my finacial insurance agent. Had know him for 6 years… wow. Time flies.

The first impression of him wasn’t a good one. The first encounter still stays vivid in my mind.

I opened my hostel room. The room was a big mess. Never in my life enter such mess. The floor is browny in color. The bed full of “don’t know what thing”. I only remember a lot of pirated cds and cd-rom around. And I saw one guy sleeping there... I was so shocked, as the room supposed to be vacant for new tenant.. anyway, he was there, and he ‘squat’ in my room for a few months. Slowly get use to his presence, and the friendship grow. As a senior, he did help me in small and little way. And, the most idea is I can use his pc to surf net and play game. Ho ho. (

Anyway, the friendship grew and I enjoyed his company too.

His life took a big turn when he was down with major illness and was hospitalized for few months. I wasn’t aware of this. Only till I met up with him again for his insurance business. I saw a changed person. I was really amazed at how God work in our life. I wonder if God going to struck me with major illness to awake me…

I got a good time meeting him, not just on financial matter. He shared about his recent experience in participating of marathon. Thru it, he learned that running marathon need a lot of mental perseverance, and he now fully appreciate what it takes to run a good race for God in Christian faith. Running with aim, and draw strength from God, and receive encouragement and fellowship with fellow runner. He shared that he able to run the full marathon only with strength God gave, and with a god-sent runner to encourage him to keep on, and keep pace with him.

Wow. Very blessed by his sharing…

Sometime, I felt also alone in my own marathon. Felt like giving up, or, maybe I wasn’t giving up, but I already slacken in my walk. I believe it is timely that God sent him to share with me his part of life.

Let us all keep each other in pace, and keep in step with the Spirit.

Hebrews 10:23-25 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home